Monday, January 01, 2007

Well, hello 2007

Nice to meet ya. Hope you brought lunch, because you are going to stay a while.
The party was okay. Andy and I partied the way we always do - mindful of the fact that a hangover is a terrible way to start a year.

Still no smoke in these parts, I'm rather surprised. I don't even want to, so I'm guessing that the hard times are still to come. We'll see what happens. I'm getting all kinds of support (thanks Claudia and Elyse :o), and I'll give it my very best shot. I promise that I'll be honest about it if I slip.

I would like to make January 2007 a UFO month, meaning that I won't start anything new - except second socks, because technically they are part of a UFO. My somewhat addled state of mind had me start tons of projects in the second half of 2006, and I need to review them, decide whether to finish them or not, and work on them accordingly.
Like this one:




This is a sort of lace sampler scarf in Lang Mohair Luxe. You know, the one with the beads :o)

I think I'm going to finish it. The patterns I've combined are not a perfect match, but they are okay, and I like it better now than when I stopped working on it.

Then there is the Sea Silk shawl, the new Clapotis, a shawligan I'm making up as I go along, and a variety of second socks. I'm also still frogging.

Andy and I decided that we need an afghan or two for the living room, so I'm going to think about squares soon. Or log cabins maybe? Obviously, I'm going to start thinking while finishing something else.

In the interest of full disclosure, let it be known that there was a bit of last-minute stash enhancement on Saturday.
Top: two balls of regular Regia in black for more dress socks for Andy, and a ball of Schachenmayr Merino for Eunny's Endpaper Mitts - see: getting the hang of fair isle. Next: two balls of white Regia to try the SP9 kool-aid. And two balls of eyelash yarn in blues, greens and turquoise. And I don't have any excuse except they were € 1 and I liked the colours. The last three balls are more merino in natural and white for some dyeing experiments - to get a contrasting colour for the mitts, obviously.
You know what? I'm going to stop nodding off and writing a blog entry in fits and starts and take a nap instead. I know, this is rather sudden, but ... see ya tomorrow.

No comments: