Thursday, August 03, 2006

Outpost

Greetings from Lower Saxony.
I've decided that I'm going to try and post at least once during the week I'm on my care mission. Picture-free, unencumbered by content :o).

There has been lace knitting, especially last night when Mom and I watched two movies - an unheard-of record - while waiting for Dad to return from his city council meeting. Pictures on the weekend. Of the knitting, not the movies, which were ... eh.

So far, it has been a productive week. I've solved the mystery of the non-disconnecting internet connection, a problem if you pay by the minute. I've uncovered the secrets of the incontinence pants - place them where you think they should go in the back, then lower them by four inches. I've mastered the art of the bedpan - if you don't hurt the patient a little now, you need to hurt them a lot more later when you change the sheets. It's a learning curve, but so far, so good.

The Sea Silk is a dream to wórk with - see lace knitting above, and I'm so going to show off when I get home.

No comments: