Friday, June 09, 2006

Kick it like Schweinsteiger

With my belongings strewn in two households 100 km apart, I'm having a little difficulty updating my projects. Still ...

This is Chocolate Covered Cherry from BGK. I'm still on the hood, and the little ruffle on the side is the beginning of a sleeve. The yarn is Lang New Angora. It's a little lighter in person. Unbelievably soft.

This is my favourite project right now. The lace has a really easy repeat, and I'm knitting with 7 mm needles, two sizes above recommended needle size for the yarn. The stitches are still small and even, but it makes the fabric much lighter.

The pattern says to bind off the stitches in the back between the shoulders, but I just put them on a holder, because I had to pick them all up for the hood anyway. Well, in my second attempt I did. I don't know what it was with me and that hood. I'm really looking forward to finishing this cardigan. Because that means there can be more New Angora in my future :o).

Today is the kick-off date for the Knitting World Cup. Oh yeah, I think they are also playing football somewhere in these parts.
The project I picked is this:
It's the Gardenpath Shawl from Elann.com. Personally, I think I'm mad. I'll be lucky if I can finish one repeat by the end of the Cup.
I will also begin the challenge with a severe penalty, because the yarn won't be with me befor Tuesday. Yes, I planned this well. But whatever, just call me the Swiss football team, I'm not in this to win.

For his WC pool at work, Andy has today's game down for 4:1 to Germany. I'm not quite that optimistic, but I do think Germany can win this, although it is reported that the Costa Ricans are responsible for our weather upswing. Today I used my sunglasses for something other than hiding my puffy eyes from crying over the bad weather. The Costa Rican football team claims credit for this. They say that sunshine travels with them. Hey, whatever works.

My tip for the final? Brazil - Germany again. Please bear in mind that I know not of football. Honestly? I want Germany to win. Very much. This country needs a positive experience.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

FO stands for Finished Object and UFO for UnFinished Object :-)
hope this helps you
Claudia

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I'm thinking about knitting the Chocolate Covered Cherry Jacket. I couldn't find the mohair yarn called for, but your substitution looks nice. Did you get gauge or have to change needle size? I'm still trying to select color!