Saturday, June 10, 2006

Woman is fickle

Didn't I say yesterday that I wanted Germany to win the World Cup?
Well, I do, but there is a contender for that place in my heart now. Last night, I read about THE ultimate underdog: Trinidad and Tobago. The smallest country ever to take part in a Cup. Heck, Berlin, where they will play ... Sweden? ... today, has three times more inhabitants than T&T has citizens. And they tried to make it to the Cup 11 times. That's 44 years. I don't really think they have a chance to get to the end, but I sure hope they'll make it out of their group games! Go T&T!!!

Speaking of things I said yesterday, the Lang-Covered Cherry being my favourite project and all? You'd think I would be happily working on it during work breaks and the opening match.(4:2!! I don't care what German newspapers write today - critical things, I can tell you that without looking - "we" won!) You'd be wrong.

Lunch break:


Corrections chapter 7 (of the novel with the bloodsucking fiends):

See where this is going? That's right.

Chapters 9-12:

Yes. I am the last person on earth to make an Amineko. Don't ask me why I felt suddenly moved to do it, but I'm already finding it just as addictive as everybody says. Visions of (sugarplums) colourful animals dance in my head. Oh, the cuteness of it all!
I'll be stuffing it with cotton wool and dried beans despite the dire warnings of weevils and roaches, because it's what I have at home. The next one - and there is going to be a next one - will get properly stuffed :o). I also remember my Monchichi. Back when I was a kid they were stuffed with rice, and no creature infestation ever befell mine. I'll take the chance.

Oh dear. Now I want a Monchichi. The one in the giraffe suit. I collect giraffes. I could rationalize this. It's not a toy, it's a collectible item. I really need to stop surfing while I'm ahead.

I did not busy myself with the creation of cute Japanese toys during the opening match, however. There is a limit to the excitement I can stand, so I ...

... sort of cast on a sock. Regia, naturally. Cotton India this time, in "Jaipur". Pretty. And totally without lace or ribs or checkerboard pattern or anything that requires the least bit of thought. Sock nirvana, if you will.

I also had a first look (read: panic attack) at the Gardenpath pattern. Oh heeeell, what have I gotten myself into? I - see above - am Sock Nirvana Girl. I make mistakes with 6x6 checkered sock patterns. And I want to knit an alpaca lace shawl?

Well, the alpaca will certainly be soft on my hands when I frog. There is that.

No comments: