Saturday, July 15, 2006

Industry

I've been quite busy lately. For some strange reason, the more I work the more other stuff I'm getting done, too. So this post is going to be quite picture-intensive.

I finished the 2 on 2 socks.

Still in love with the technique, I got out some leftover Regia Bamboo for another pair, but I haven't cast on yet. since I didn't have two circular needles, I took a hint from Elizabeth Zimmermann and used one 2.5 and one 3 mm needle. Worked like a charm.

Next up: the infamous crochet hoodie. Sometimes, when you've fallen out of love with a project, it takes a little bit of rededication. It turns out that I like the crochet hoodie much better if I don't have to turn it into a hoodie after all - and if I can combine the really nice crochet stitch with a knitted edge. So I played around a bit (sorry, no pics), found that I liked the results, finished the second sleeve and put the pieces down to block.


Excuse the crappy artificial light /flash picture. It looks as if there is only one front, but they are blocking on top of each other. The yarn is a cotton ribbon in a nice faded denim blue. And that's what I'll be going with - a denim jacket style collar, a simple knitted edge and buttons instead of a zipper.

I think my greatest problem with the cardigan was that I used a hook that was the wrong size for the rather bulky stitch, but the yarn gave a bit with blocking, and the edging will loosen everything up a bit and give it more drape.
Improvise with your mistakes is what I'm saying. :o)

I've been winding my lovely cranberry Lorna all week.

And I have come to the conclusion that I really need a swift and ball winder, as soon as my funds allow it. The dining chairs are a rather flawed system.

(Another crappy artificial light picture btw.)

I'm really excited that I get to knit with this beautiful yarn, and I'm still looking for the right pattern. It should be a rectangular stole, because I think that I'll be busy enough with the thin yarn and lace pattern and don't need any shaping issues on top of it.

As a "reward" for my efforts with the crochet hoodie (yeah, I know, it should be reward enough in itself), I cast on for this ...




The yarn (Lang Twin) has a tendency to split, but it still knits up fairly quickly. The eyelet pattern is ridiculously simple, but I think it has a nice effect. I'll try to update on this project.

Oh, yeah. Meet Lilly.

This is Lilly, the Amazingly Purple Armadillo. Lilly would like me to tell y'all that she is NOT nor has she ever been an ANT EATER. Thank you.
I'm quite fond of her, because -as James put it - "Lilly is a dilly of a 'dilla."

The addiction to crocheted toys is still going strong. Lilly will be joined by another friend soon. As you can see, she's pleased about it ...

1 comment:

Knitcrazy said...

How are you doing with the white cardigan which you are doing in the berry color with the lace ???

Is it a worsted or a DK yarn ???

Penny
peneloercola@aol.com