Sunday, May 14, 2006

Book Report

The mailman must have heard my whining yesterday, because about half an hour after I wrote that One Skein isn't here yet, he appeared at my door with not one but two packages.
In addition to One Skein, I also got Knitting Over The Edge . Wow! Nicky, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. This book is so great that I'm actually glad that Mariposa turned out too short, because now I can add an edge. I am also contemplating the purchase of an old childhood nemesis, the Knitting Nancy, to produce i-cord for the funky edges in the book. Here in Germany, they call them "Strickliesel", Knitting Lizzie, by the way. Just some international knitting trivia for ya.
I like most of the ideas in One Skein. I think the mini clutch is adorable, and I'll definitely make a pair of the silk sleeves, and in terms of the Secret Pal exchange, I'm glad that the one skein idea also includes using different partial skeins, because I have something in mind for my pal that wouldn't work otherwise.
Overall, it was a good book day.

No pictures of the instant gratification project, because the camera, it is dead with a capital headstone. A solution must be found.

No comments: