Saturday, May 27, 2006

Love you, Scary Pal 8

This morning (this gloomy Saturday morning) I amused myself with a bit of internet window shopping. Somehow I decided to check out the BUST Magazine homepage. I saw this:

The BUST Boobtique: "She had not yet decided whether to use her power for good...or for evil" Journal

and thought that the caption was pretty much made for me and that I would love to have it.

I swear to you, I had never seen this product line or referred to it in any way. I just loved it at first sight.

Now, here's what the mailwoman brought a few hours later.

Is that scary or what?
SP8, thank you so much for the card! Not only did it absolutely brighten my day and I love it, it also showed me that I must be rather transparent.

Oh, and your last email arrived, too. Only our server thought it would be a good idea to spit out that week's emails in increments of two a day for the next week. This as a dire warning for anyone using my "non-anonymous" email address. It doesn't happen often, but happen it does.

People, do not get excited about the picture. I took it with an ancient webcam (after I couldn't find this particular card anywhere online) and I'm not going through that again for anything except to show y'all the coolness that is my Secret Pal. However, my dad tells me that my camera-less days are numbered, because he sorta fixed it to the point where I can sorta use it until I can buy a new one. We shall see.

Am I the only person who frogs perfectly good FOs, just because I think they would look better if I did something different with them? I did that with the BGK Blueberry Bomb top, because I put a ball of my green and blue Wolletempel yarn on top of it while it was blocking (I was absentminded and the top was dry). On passing the arrangement a while later, I decided that this would be a great colour combination and the border I had done was much too frilly for the summer tweed anyway. Frogging ensued. I was right, it does look much better now. I do this all the time. Also frogged, while I was at it: Waterlily. After reading the great booty post by Crazy Aunt Purl , I came to the conclusion that a) Waterlily's main problem is its upper part and b) even if I starved myself (and believe me, I have done this before), my boobs are just not going anywhere. And they shouldn't have to.

In an amazing fit of willpower, I finished the sleeve of the blue crochet hoodie this week. Now all that's left is the, y'know, hoodie. I don't know why I can't seem to finish this thing. I love the stitch and the yarn and the book the project came from, but still ... Well, I'm not taking it with me to my parents, so maybe next week.

Speaking of which, now comes the fun part: What DO I take with me to my parents? Can't take the Chocolate-Covered Cherry, because it's too big and fidgety at this point. Also because I would finish it during the week and I can't block it at my parents' house, which would drive me nuts :o). Trust me, springing new activities on my dad is not a good idea. He might build a new table if I ask him where I could put my stuff to block. Last week I asked him for an old blanket to put on the floor for my exercises. Immediate hysteria, an hourlong search and plans for buying a new blanket (where? when would he leave? what sort of blanket do I need?), because dear God there wasn't one! I'm not being disparaging, it's a fact. My dad is hanging on by one ply of a thread. But I digress.

Other than the Chocolate-Covered Cherry I don't have anything exciting on the needles right now, except plain vanilla Regia Bamboo socks (still). And socks don't really count. Sooo ... What's next? I'll have to think about that. Not that I'm lacking a "To Knit" list, mind you, I'm just not sure what I'm in the mood for. I'll keep y'all posted (with pictures, I hope).

1 comment:

barbp said...

My first time to your blog surfed my way here through the Knitting Blogs Group Two that I just joined. I enjoy your writing - knitting degree. I'll definitely remember that one. You are blessed with a writing skill that overcomes your lack of pictures. I am envious. I send prayers your and your families way, I can only imagine how difficult your Mother's illness is.