Thursday, May 04, 2006

Whoops!

It's been five days, huh?
Sorry about that, but there is not a lot of knitterly excitement going on here. Okay, there is some, but I don't have my camera with me. I'm about done with the front of Mariposa (excuse the linklessness, but if you were sitting at my dad's computer, you wouldn't mess with that stuff either). Love the yarn, love the pattern, but it sure looks huge. I think I'm having top issues, last one - too small. This one - too big?

Like a dumbass (I think I mentioned), I left a half-finished sweater here when I went home last, but I took the pattern with me. Need I mention that I didn't bring it back? I THINK I could work on it for a bit without the pattern, but then again I THOUGHT I had the calculations for Waterlily right. Less thinking and more pattern reading sounds like a plan.

Of course I had to enter the Den of Evil yesterday, and the Wicked Temptress plied me with Lang yarn. Forget Rowan, this stuff is my crack. I bought one ball of Lang Twin, a cotton blend, in Perfect Red. I don't know what they call the colour, I call it Perfect Red. I swatched for a summer cardigan (a modification of Cinxia from Knitty - again without the links), and now I shall go forth and torture my budget. Maybe I should knit me some willpower.

The SP8 questionnaire is up! Need to put it up - and the button, too. Again, I'm going to have to do that on Sunday when I get home. I'm so excited! My first Secret Pal exchange, yay!

No comments: