Friday, April 07, 2006

Anything except temptation

No, I didn't really think I would just buy two lots of yarn in that extra-special clearance sale at my favourite e-bay yarn store. You know, the sale with the EXTRA SPECIAL low prices.
(Ahem, just gearing up for the excuse here, people.)

So, I just bought 10 pounds of lovely natural fiber yarn in 4 colourways and a mixed bag. How's your week going?

I don't want to poach any more pictures from the store, so I'll take my own once the package gets here - for which the mail delivery facilitator person will hate me for all time. When you see the stuff, you'll understand. And that's without even feeling the lovely texture. Sigh.

In honor of the purchase - for which my bank account manager will kill me dead btw - I worked a couple rows of FrouFrou today. I dunno. I've seen it finished and lovely on a few blogs, but it still looks weird in the making. We'll see. In three rows, I get to tackle the dreaded collar. It seems simple enough, but for some reason I can't visualize it.

Speaking of Happy Hooker, there is an error in the Yeehaw Lady pattern. Somewhere in the crown shaping section - only I can't remember what it was exactly. But I wanted to start another one anyway, and this time I'll write it down.


I bought the April issue of "Sabrina" the other day. German knitting magazine for thin people. There was one pattern I fell in love with instantly, a long panelled skirt, one of the few truly lovely knit skirts I've seen. Yeah, took me a while to understand that it wasn't a knitting project, but just part of the models designer duds. I should have worn my glasses.
Behold the birth of a pattern project, because this skirt NEEDS to be knitted.
I made a few sketches so far, and I'm going to do the math right after the romance novel from hell is translated.


Speaking of which, my dictation sweater awaits.


PS: Thanks to Judy for welcoming me to the Knitting Blogs Group 2 ring. I've been doing some browsing (translate, Kay, translate!) and found me some new regular reads I think :o).

No comments: