Thursday, April 27, 2006

The one where I almost kill myself

Last night I was sittin' here knittin' (Waterlily, in case you are wondering), and suddenly my hair started to bother me. Baby blue hairbands and all, it had to go up up up - I'm like that sometimes. Since there were no scrunchies or barettes on my desk - an almost unheard of state of affairs - I decided to be all cool and casual and knitterly and secured the long heavy twisted sausage that is my hair with a pair of 2 mm dpns. What can I say, it worked. No more bother, and I did feel all cool and casual and knitterly.

Only, dumbassery, thy name is Kay, I forgot about my dpn updo until bedtime. After the usual nighttime rituals (maybe I should mention that I have body image issues at the moment, so I avoid looking in the mirror), I breathed a huge sigh of tired relief and plopped down on my bed. The 2 mm dpn? Went into the back of my head. Screams, blood, general carrying on. And when everything was cleaned up and band-aided, I started thinking about what could have happened, had the dpns be placed slightly differently or had I hit a harder spot on my bed. And fainted. Well, almost.

I strongly recommend you don't try this at home.

In less lethal dumbass news: We have feltage.












I think I mentioned that I read every felting tip and instructions available to me, but the blasted bag just wouldn't felt!!

Yeah. The one thing I didn't read? My washing machine instructions. I never use the really hot cycle, so apparently I had no idea how to set it. Once I figured it out - magic.
I love this bag so much! It's not perfect, and it pilled because I forgot the time and reached the machine when it had already started the spin cycle. But still. I love my bag. And I want to make more. Must find feltable wool. Now.

No comments: