Wednesday, April 05, 2006

VIWIP

Here's what I'm working on right now.

That's Froufrou from The Happy Hooker, in one of my beloved WolleTempel yarns. I'm about halfway done, and my perception changes every other row. Too long, too short, too wide, too small. I have a feeling it will come out just about right. I've never crocheted a sweater all in one piece, so I'm a little wary of the shawl collar, because I can't quite figure out what it's supposed to look like. Guess I'll just have to trust the instructions ;o).

And another Happy Hooker creation (can you tell that I love that book?!), Yeehaw Lady, in black cotton ribbon. Ends are still sticking out and it is very much unblocked. Looks cute though, and it took about 3 hours to do it. I think I need to make some more before I go back to Texas. Pink, maybe?
I didn't have any floral wire for the brim, so I took a double length of 20 gauge jewelry wire. It worked just fine.


This is a hoodie from Cool Crochet. I've got one more sleeve and the hood to do. Again, this is cotton ribbon, which I love to work with. The color is somewhere between this and the detail shot.





I love this pattern, even though it does make for a somewhat bulky fabric. I want to try this with a small hook and some lace-weight yarn on a cami design I have in mind.





Here's a cardigan from DROPS. (Sorry about the blurry picture, it's not as blurry on the website.) It's number 88, pattern 4.
Since there is not much to see yet, I opted for the picture that shows the yarn colour best. I mixed the yarn myself in cotton/rayon. It's going to turn out a little sturdier than in the DROPS picture, but considering what spring is like in these parts that's a good thing. This is the first DROPS pattern I'm working. I don't know ... I keep checking the

Norwegian original (with the handy dictionary on the website). So far, so good, but being a translator and knowing that these website translations are usually done El Cheapo, I can't help being suspicious. On the other hand, I read a pattern instruction the other day (German original). There was a part I didn't understand, and my first thought was, "I wonder what that said in English?" I am most definitely Lost In Translation.

Sigh. That's all, folks, except for that "Dictating Sweater" I talked about yesterday. That needs to be a bit further along to photograph well (as well as I can manage, that is).

Up next: New things I want to make really bad, but won't even think about until at least two more projects are finished. Looong list that one.

No comments: