Thursday, April 06, 2006

Make Up Handbag


It happened like this: I was sad last night, thinking about my mom a lot, and somehow I remembered that she loves handbags. Then I remembered this drift of Lana Grossa "Party" languishing in my drawer - not really enough for anything, but soooo pretty. I got out a 6.5 mm hook and made up a handbag. It was done really fast, I just weaved, blocked and decorated this morning. I thought about a flap or some kind of closure for a long time, but decided that I like it the way it is. I love the shape, too, only the handles weren't quite right. I'll definitely experiment with that shape in various sizes. I think if I made it bigger and wider (with lining), this would make a great knitting bag.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Gorgeous bag--makes me wish I crocheted!

Amanda said...

I happened upon your site in a webring, and I am glad that I did. I love this bag!! Too cute.