Friday, April 07, 2006

Is it me ...

... or are there an awful lot of errors in The Happy Hooker?

I kept trying to remember what was wrong with Yeehaw Lady, so I went to look for the errata list for S&B Happy Hooker (duh!). Uh, there are two errors listed for that pattern, but none of them is the one I'm thinking of, which had to do with the crown increases. On the other hand, I didn't notice the two errors mentioned, so I guess I'll make another hat with the corrections and see if "my" error still pops up.
Now, really, I love this book to death, but errors in 13 patterns? Of 40? I haven't made anything from the S&B knitting books, simply because I've got so many other things I want to knit (seems to happen with knitting more than crochet), so I don't know about them, but I keep hearing about errors there all the time, too.
Do you think that's normal? I've got a few pattern books which I've used a lot and never found a single thing wrong with them. How about a few (more?) test stitchers next time?

No comments: