Saturday, April 08, 2006

Kiss the frog (the knitter's version of "jumping the shark"?)

Yeah, I had it all figured out.
Today is yet another day I'll spend with the romance novel from hell, but I had a quick post planned in which I would show off the half-finished DROPS cardigan.
Here it is.

I had six rows of the pattern left (20 inches, I'm making it a little longer), when I discovered that I had made a mistake counting the cable rows for the third! twist. I really, really tried to live with that one longer twist, but alas, I can't.

While frogging the whole thing I discovered one lone dark green strand of yarn just hanging out there, unattached to anything. Upon closer inspection I saw that the dark green had broken in several places. In the upper layers of ALL of the balls. Sob! What happened? Moths? Did DG get into a fight with the other strands? I don't even have a cat!

I don't have moths either. Which is a good thing.

It's the first yarn I ever mixed, so I guess I did something fundamentally wrong. Sigh. It's purty though.

Even after the frogging and rewinding of the balls o' doom, I still have enough for the cardigan. So I started over, because I'm nothing if not stubborn. Of course, I also thought about all the other things I could do sans balls o'doom, but that cardigan is exactly what I have been looking for. Once - the horror - I was even close to buying one like it. Didn't though.

Okay, one more latte, and then it's off to Regency England, where intrigue, corsets and bad metaphors await me. The fun never ends.

No comments: